Nested Locations

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Nested Locations
From: Scott.Bursik@fritolay.com
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 15:06:04 -0600
I am using NetView 6.0.1 with AIX 4.3.2

I am using a location configuration file with nested locations which have IP
ranges assigned to them. One of our admins cut some of the nested objects from
the parent and pasted them in another location he created. Now we seem to have
problems with objects being duplicated (re-discovered) We use the location.conf
to separate the objects being discovered by IP address and then we cut and paste
them into a more logical position later. Has anyone else seen this? I have
called this in to Tivoli and they loaded my database and they could see this
happening as well. Last time we spoke they were going to escalate this to
engineering.

Thanks,

Scott Bursik