Netview Startup

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Netview Startup
From: "Ferreira, Linda" <FerreiraL@nabisco.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 14:21:48 -0500
Hi All,
I'm running into a bit of a glitch and I'm not sure if it's with AIX or
Netview.  I have a script that runs every AM to do an ADSM backup of the
Netview database.  My script exits the application, stops the daemons, does
the backup, starts the daemons and called Netview (command nv6000).  When I
do this, Optivity's expanded view doesn't work (all daemons are working).
For some reason it doesn't like the way Netview gets called so it
misbehaves.

After realizing this, I changed the launch command so that it calls Netview
from smitty (I recorded a script as I brought Netview up), this works fine
for Optivity, but now my ping test is a short ping (only pings once) and I
had setup my ping to do a long ping, which bye the way works if I bring up
Netview by typing nv6000, but no the other way around.

If anyone has encounter anything like this before, I would appreciate any
feedback.  Thanks and Happy New Year to all.

Linda Ferreira
Network Management Center
973-682-6065
ferreiral@nabisco.com

"The information in this email, and in any attachments,
may contain confidential information and is intended
solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s).
It must not be disclosed to any person without authorization.
If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, you are not authorized