Select failed, error code 9 Update

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Select failed, error code 9 Update
From: "Smith, Kristi" <kristi_smith@mentorg.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 11:27:12 -0800
Not much to report as far as a solution to the "Select failed, error code 9"
error message /MIB Browser hang problem.  I am still working with Tech
Support and sending core files as they ask for them.  I was wondering,
though, if this is happening only on the Solaris platform or if it is
occurring on AIX as well as several users on this list have mentioned that
this is a problem for them too.

Tech Support had requested that I update a patch for the SNMP agent (Solaris
Enterprise Agent) I'm running on my server.  It didn't fix this particular
problem but I was wondering if I should pursue the patch angle if it seems
to be a Solaris only or wait for direction from Tech Support if it is a
cross-platform issue.

Thanks,
Kristi Smith
Mentor Graphics Corporation