Re: Apache with Netview 6.0

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Apache with Netview 6.0
From: Jim Kellock <jkellock@nc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 14:12:41 -0500
 NetView v6 came out after the final v2.1 of Nways and there was no
opportunity, since the Nways product has now been withdrawn, to do
documentation updates, additional testing, or product modification, so
the recommendation was made to download the Apache server from
www.apache.org and use it according to the documentation already
included in the Nways installation guides.  The Apache works fine with
the Jetty as long as the assigned port doesn't conflict, which it should
not.

There is no reason that it wouldn't work with the Jetty server- but you
should back up the configuration files, because as with all other user
customizations to NetView's files in /usr/OV, they are subject to loss
if patches or upgrades are added, and there's usually a caveat buried
someplace in a readme about making undocumented or unsupported changes
to configurations.