Ruleset for changing status

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Ruleset for changing status
From: mans.langert@se.ibm.com
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 11:27:01 +0100

Hi,

I've done a rulset to change the status color of a node if a certain trap
arrives, wich worked fine at the first glance. Now I'm not so sure anymore.
This is what the ruleset looks like;
EventStream:Pass -> Trap Settings:IBM_NVIDWN -> Override : Status-Marginal,
Severity-Critical -> Forward
Then I made a dynamic workspace based on this rulset to verify that it
worked. This is what happens;
If I execute "event -h node.xyz.com IDWN_EV"  the node does actually change
status color to yellow in the map (though the interfaces are still
unchanged wich is ok for now). But I have the node also in a SmartSet, and
there the status color is NOT changed. Why is that? Then I changed the node
back up to normal again and did: "event -h node -e IDWN_EV" (not a fully
qualified domain name) and then the status was NOT changed in the map but
it WAS in the SmartSet!? And the interface corresonding to this nodename
was also changed. What is wrong here? I mean, if the status changes in one
place, shouldn't it change over all? And why is it different behaviour if I
use a fqdn or not? I also tried with the IP address and the outcome is the
same as if I use fqdn.

Any ideas?

Regards
Måns Langert