RE: Adding Objects via Command Line

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Adding Objects via Command Line
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 10:50:15 -0500
NetView as shipped does not manage non-IP topology.  But it can be extended
to do so through gtmd and xxmap if you are willing to write the programs to
do it.
But objects are added and status maintained programmatically, by code you
write, and not by the command line, though you could write a routine to do
that.
I sense that there is more behind the original question that what was
asked.  Perhaps it would be good to clarify what kind of non-IP object and
how you plan to manipulate it and so on.  Then maybe someone can suggest
what your alternatives are.  But I believe the most general answer to "Is
there a command line mechanism to create non-IP objects and their submaps?"
is "No".

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT