Re: Duplicate IP for Cluster

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Duplicate IP for Cluster
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 13:24:54 -0500
Jun, the current level of the code (6.01) is much better at handling
intentional duplicates, although it is not perfect from a user point of
view. At each configuration poll (or netmon startup, and probably
demand-poll) it will move the interface from one box to another,
ending up on the one it is active on. I think I have had some luck,
also, identifying it as an HSRP interface in the seedfile, another
V6 feature.

Before V6, we all just ignored those traps for nodes we knew about,
and tried to discover them in the right order so the one that was up
would get drawn.

Anybody else? I have no special knowledge of cluster configurations.

Detroit

Jun.Chen@dynegy.com@tkg.com on 01/24/2001 12:55:20 PM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com