Re: Tivloi Framework Version 3.7

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Tivloi Framework Version 3.7
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 12:20:41 -0500
You are still going to have to apply that patch.  If you understand what is
for, then you will understand why it will never be incorporated into the
Framework.  The patch is what provides the Tivoli menus for NetView, the
ones that allow you to configure, maintain, administer, and so on, the
NetView server, and to  start the GUI.  Only those Framework users who plan
to install NetView on that managed node need it.  So it will never be part
of the base product.   I believe that the 3.6.1 patch will apply just fine
on 3.7.  No changes were needed to make to work that I know of, so I
wouldn't worry about the name.  If you cannot get it to install, then call
Support.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT