Re: netmon daemon

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: netmon daemon
From: "Don Sykes" <Don.Sykes@bcbsnc.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 08:18:20 -0500
Normally I find this situation if I have a network interface defined to the OS
and not actually connected.  We have a FORE ATM NIC in our system and the ATM
Driver defines 4 Classical IP interfaces by default.  We don't use Classical IP
so these interfaces are defined but down.  If you delete the unused interfaces,
this message will go away.  The netmon.trace file will confirm if this is the
case.

>>> <hvillega@bancolombia.com.co> 02/12/01 07:57AM >>>
Hi all,  Netview  5.1.3 for AIX  ( V 4.3.3 ).
When I check the netview daemons, the netmon daemon shows the next message :

object manager name: netmon
 behavior:            OVs_WELL_BEHAVED
 state:               RUNNING
 PID:                 48508
 last message:        Warnings (1) from /usr/OV/bin/nmcheckconf; see
/usr/OV/log/netmon.trace for info
 exit status:         -

When I see the   /usr/OV/log/netmon.trace ,  it shows the next message :

/usr/OV/bin/nmcheckconf: ERROR: LAN interface "Name" not UP and RUNNING.
**** Warnings from /usr/OV/bin/nmcheckconf configuration check script

Does anybody know what is the meaning of this message and how can I fix it  ?

Regards,

Hernan D. Villegas