Re: Cisco Link Down Traps !

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Cisco Link Down Traps !
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 01:17:51 -0500
You are getting that trap because the device,  named in the xxxIPxxx
column,
has been configured to send traps to your Netview machine, and further, it
has been configured to send traps about link state changes. In this case,
it is reporting that interface index 1, which is ATM6/0, is has gone down.
The 'A' means that it is an Agent trap, not one generated by Netview.
Does that answer your question, or have I misunderstood?

By the way, your email address is puzzling. Why not include your
name in your note so we will know what to call you?

Detroit

"cute smiles" <love4u99@hotmail.com>@tkg.com on 02/12/2001 08:49:10 PM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com