Re: Trap Description not displayed entirely

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Trap Description not displayed entirely
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 09:00:11 -0500
Correct it?  Sorry but that limitation is just that, a limitation.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

"Eric De Hoorne" <exdehoo@ppco.com>@tkg.com on 02/16/2001 08:12:36 AM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com

To:   nv-l@tkg.com
cc:
Subject:  [NV-L] Trap Description not displayed entirely

Netview 6.0.1 for NT
Windows NT 4.0 SP6a

We installed NV 6.0.1 fot NT from scratch on a brand new machine.
Unfortunately, all trap descriptions displayed in the Event Browser are
truncated to 57 characters.
If we look to the event detail (double-click on the event) the description
is correctly formatted
Is it a known problem ?. Is it a way to correct this ?
Thank you

Eric Dehoorne
Chevron Phillips Chemicals International NV
355 Brusselsesteenweg, B-3090 Overijse, Belgium
Tel.: Intl+32+2+689.14.36   Fax.: Intl+32+2+689.14.08
EMail : Exdehoo@PPCO.COM