Re: RE: IBM Authentication Failure traps in Netview on a Solaris plat fo

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: RE: IBM Authentication Failure traps in Netview on a Solaris plat form
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 14:43:49 -0500
George, what platform are the two host which are generating the traps?
Those are the boxes where you have to do the tracing. They are the ones
being polled by something. There is nothing for Netview to reveal,
regardless
of which platform it is running on.

Since it is often difficult to get the complainer to tell you who it is
complaining
about, Les' suggestion is what most of us do: take a guess as to what other
snmp-pollers might be in the network, and check them directly to see if
they
are the ones bothering your two hosts. Look for other Netviews, Openviews,
home-grown programs, and, a common culprit, a JetDirect.

Now, if the two hosts you mention are Solaris, then your request for
information
on how to turn on snmp tracing on Solaris makes sense. And I don't know the
answer. But someone else probably does.

Detroit

"Beeler, George" <GBeeler@us.britannica.com>@tkg.com on 02/27/2001 12:26:42
PM