More: HTML View of Database Report & Others

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: More: HTML View of Database Report & Others
From: "Scherting, Mark" <mscherting@state.mt.us>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 12:25:25 -0700
While we're on the topic of html reports, I have a question about the
/usr/OV/conf/nvdbtools/interfaces.format.

This format file references
href="/tnv-cgi-bin/TME10.NetView.ObjectInfoByID.tnv?OBJID=${1}" but I cannot
find this anywhere on my system.  Is it staring me in the face and I'm just
missing it or where do I need to go to get it?

Thanks.

Also, here's a slightly modified "routers.html.conf" which uses a simple
cascading style sheet to display the same IP status colors on the web page,
as are displayed on the maps.

-----------Begin Modified routers.html.conf----------------
SELECTFIELD:1:Selection Name
SELECTFIELD:2:IP Status
SELECTFIELD:3:SNMP sysObjectID
SELECTFIELD:4:SNMP sysContact
SELECTFIELD:5:SNMP sysLocation
SELECTRULE:isNode=TRUE
SELECTRULE:MT_Agency~HHS
#SELECTRULE:isIPRouter=TRUE
HEADER:<HTML>
HEADER:<HEAD>
HEADER:<BOLD>
HEADER:<TITLE>All_IP_Routers Table</TITLE>
HEADER:</BOLD>
HEADER: <LINK   rel     =  STYLESHEET
HEADER:         href    = "hhs.css"
HEADER:         Type    = "text/css"    >
HEADER:</HEAD>
HEADER:<BODY>
HEADER:<TABLE border=3 align=center>
HEADER:<CAPTION align=top>
HEADER:<H3>DPHHS Routers</H3>
HEADER:</CAPTION>
HEADER:<FONT SIZE=1>
HEADER:<TR>
HEADER:<H3>
HEADER:<TH>Node Name</TH>
HEADER:<TH>IP Status</TH>
HEADER:<TH>SNMP sysObjectID</TH>
HEADER:<TH>SNMP sysContact</TH>
HEADER:<TH>SNMP sysLocation</TH>
HEADER:</H3>
HEADER:</TR>
HEADER:</FONT>
OUTPUT:<TR>
OUTPUT:<TH>${1}</TH>
OUTPUT:<TH CLASS=${2}>${2}</TH>
OUTPUT:<TH>${3}</TH>
OUTPUT:<TH>${4}</TH>
OUTPUT:<TH>${5}</TH>
OUTPUT:</TR>
FOOTER:</TABLE>
FOOTER:<BR>
FOOTER:<BR>
FOOTER:</BODY>
FOOTER:</HTML>
--------------------End modified routers.html.conf-------------------------
--------------------Begin hhs.css Style Sheet-----------------------------
<HEAD>
<Style Type     = "text/css">
<!--
        BODY    {       background:     Light Gray;
                        font-family:    Arial;
                        font-size:      smaller;}
        .Normal {       background-color:       #00ff00;        }
        .Critical       {       background-color:               Red;    }
        .Marginal       {       background-color:               Yellow; }
        .Unreachable    {       background-color:               White;}
        TH              {       font-size:      small;}
-->
</Style>
</HEAD>

We keep the .css file in the same location as our html output.

Mark A. Scherting
State of Montana
Information Services Division
(406) 444-0117