Multiple Interfaces not show as green when they can be pinged

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Multiple Interfaces not show as green when they can be pinged
From: "Darrell Singleton" <darrell.singleton@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 08:23:46 -0500
Our server is Solaris 7 Netview is 6.02.
The server has multiple NIC cards (5).

In the map our LOAD Balancers (Alteon) which have multiple interfaces, 1
interface will show green, the other two red. Netview successfully pings the
device but the device stays red unless you acknowledge it. We have this
situation on several devices which have multiple network interfaces and Netview
does not appear to be able to ascertain if they are up or not.