RE: nvcorrd queue

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: nvcorrd queue
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 20:25:46 -0500
I've given this some more thought, and while my advice to call Support is
still the same, especially if nvcorrd fails when you ovstop actionsvr.  But
what you want to do with the issue of your pages not occurring is to try to
determine where this is failing.  If you cannot find error message then you
will need to set up some tracing and try a "divide-and-conquer" approach.

First trace nvcorrd activity with nvcdebug -d all" and look at the
nvcorrd.alog/blog.  You will see each trap as it is processed.  Look for
"Receive a trap" and "Finished with a trap".  Everything in between is
nvcorrd processing that trap.  You should see the action, whether paging
via the paging node or a script of your own being kicked off as an action
sent to the actionsvr.  If that looks OK, then look in the
nvaction.alog/blog and see what happens when that action gets there.  You
should see a line where it is launched and then any error messages that
come back.  No error messages?  Then I would start tracing the pager
daemon.  You can do that by adding  -d to his ovsuf entry as has been
explained in this list many times.  He will start writing voluminous output
to nvpagerd.alog so you can watch every page being sent.   You will
probably need help somewhere along the line, so I'd recommend that call to
Support.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT