RE: Installation soft error with netview 6.0

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Installation soft error with netview 6.0
From: "Robert Brochu" <brochu@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 14:32:45 -0500
Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nv-l@tkg.com [mailto:owner-nv-l@tkg.com]On Behalf Of
James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2001 13:43
To: IBM NetView Discussion
Subject: Re: [NV-L] Installation soft error with netview 6.0

Well, I think it is pretty straightforward.   The customization won't run
because netmon won't run and netmon won't run because it has to talk to
snmpd, and by the first part of the messages, there is a problem with snmpd
on this box because not even snmpget, which talks to snmpd directly, works.
So you need to make sure that the SEA agent is properly installed and that
snmpd is up and running before continuing.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

"Robert Brochu" <brochu@attglobal.net>@tkg.com on 03/15/2001 01:16:59 PM