Re: netmon.seed Error: "No seedfile is used"

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: netmon.seed Error: "No seedfile is used"
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 16:08:53 -0500
I could be wrong, I don't think you can use "netmon -y" to have netmon read
a seed file for the first time.  He already has to have one specified at
initial startup.
So is the current execution of netmon using a seedfile or not?  If not,
then I think you will have to restart him
Do ps -ef | grep netmon and find out  whether he has one or not.  Look for
"-s/<full path to seedfile>"
If that doesn't help, then please call Support

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

Montoya Vincent-O10501 <Vincent.Montoya@motorola.com>@tkg.com on 03/25/2001