Client machine or Java Client?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Client machine or Java Client?
From: "Scott Bursik" <nv_list@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 11:40:10 -0500
I am running NetView 6.0.2 on AIX 4.3.2

I have a NetView Server in Plano Tx. and I have some international sites in
England and Hong Kong. They have 2 people at each site (England and Hong
Kong) that would like to see their part of the world as represented in the
NetView map. I have read about the Client machines and I am a bit confused.
We are running 1 map on the primary server. I would like the remote
locations to be able to see the whole picture. If I use the Server/Client
model and NOT use the NFS mounting option I would have to manually make
changes to the Client machines if one of them changes? And if I DO use a NFS
mount back here to Plano, I won't gain any performance on the server? Is
that correct? I was thinking that we could use the Java Client to share
these maps. We have a T1 going to the international sites from Plano. Any
advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Scott Bursik
Pepsico Business Solutions Group