Integration of Optivity 9.1 under Netview NT 5.1
Now I know that this is possible because the Release Notes tell me so, but,
after installing Optivity 9.1 under Netview NT 5.1 this morning, I cannot
figure out how to facilitate this "integration".
1) The Nortel documentation is next to useless, and the "new" Nortel web
site is considerably worse than the old Bay Networks one when it comes to
finding documentation. Anyway, I cannot find any documentation on the
details of running Optivity and Netview together. Can anyone post a URL for
2) Netview "owns" the community names of the network, how does Optivity get
its hands on this information? Or, in other words, how can I get Optivity
to discover the network based on the Netview community names?
3) Optivity is not "integrated" under the "Tools" menu in Netview. If we
wish to use Optivity as an element manager to manager our various Nortel
products, how can I achieve this?
4) Can anyone relate gotcha's that would help the learning curve?
I appreciate the assistance.
|<Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread>|
- Integration of Optivity 9.1 under Netview NT 5.1,
David Eaton <=
Archive operated by Skills 1st Ltd
See also: The NetView Web