CNAT Configuration

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: CNAT Configuration
From: John Mackney <john.mackney@uk.logical.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 10:26:26 +0100
Anyone had experience of implementing Tivoli Comprehensive Network Address
Translator.

We specifically want to translate only the SNMP packet payloads coming from
our customers as described in the CNAT manual under the section "Coexisting
With Other NAT-Capable Devices".  We already NAT the relevant IP header
information - via routers closer to the customer network.

Specific questions we have are:

-       Must the NetView server to be placed behind a router  (effectively
one hop away from the CNAT server). One of the configuration parameters is
the IP address of the Normalised side router attached to CNAT. Can the
normalised side interface of CNAT and the NetView server not be on the same
network?
-       Should the Trap Address on monitored devices for SNMP be set to the
NetView Server's address or the CNAT servers address.

        Any help would be appreciated, as a call to Tivoli does not seam to
have yielded any response so far/

        Thanks

        End

John Mackney