RE: NetView for NT (What Cut Of Beef?)

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: NetView for NT (What Cut Of Beef?)
From: "Boyles, Gary P" <gary.p.boyles@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 07:53:51 -0700
Rob,
Sorry... but that was just a test we did.  Don't have that DB to query
anymore.
The standard rule-of-thumb is 3 objects per node.

Most of the systems in use now manage < 1000 nodes per box.  Mostly routers
and
switches.  These systems also have a lot more beef to them (dual 933s with
512MB mem)
and tend to coast a lot.

If you are intent on loading a system down though...

Take NetView NT, add a dash of CiscoWorks, and mix in some Optivity.  This
is
guaranteed to tax just about any system... although with your 2.5 GB of
physical memory -- that may even be a chore.

But... getting back to your original question -- a dual 700 zeon with that
kind
of memory should be able to handle a very large number of nodes.

Regards,

Gary Boyles, Intel