unable to open online books

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: unable to open online books
From: jtho@ch.ibm.com
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 16:27:59 +0200

Hi,

our environment is Solaris 8 and NetView 6.0.2 on Framework 3.7b .
Now i tried to install the online books from the NetView 6.0 CD. The
installation didn't report any errors, but when i tried to access the
online books i received the following message: "The online books are not
installed. Please install Tivoli NetView Books 6.0.0 kit from the NetView
CDROM."
In "$BINDIR/.installed" I removed the NVB_60_BIN flag and installed the
online books a second time, but nothing changed. I checked the discspace on
the solaris box, that's ok.
A little bit confusing is:  in /usr/OV/books/C/html, there are only 2 html
files (RelNotesV600.htm and RelNotesV602.htm), but in /usr/OV/books/C/pdf
there are these 2 Release Notes (6.0 and 6.0.2) as well as the
AdminGuide.pdf, DBGuide.pdf, MLMGuide.pdf, UserGuide.pdf....

Any hints? Thanks for your replies....

Joerg

___________________________________
Postal Address: