Re: IP Map object attribute on Add Object Window dissapears from GUI

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: IP Map object attribute on Add Object Window dissapears from GUI
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 07:33:01 -0400
I will bet that these objects you are adding wind up with a shadow box
behind them after you add them, right?
That is because they are in the user plane and not the application plane.
The box for ipmap goes away because ipmap does not manage things in the
user plane, only in the application plane.  You are basically adding your
own objects to map and so ipmap does not know how to manage them, so he
doesn't.    You can add whatever you want, but then you have to provide
your own program to alter the map status.  If you need further
clarification, read up on adding objects to the map and the user plane in
the Admin Guide.

Basically, you should not be adding things to the map if they represent
real objects in your network that you expect netmon to report status on.
Instead, such things should be discovered, not added.  If you are having
trouble with that, then I recommend you tell the user community here about
it and get their suggestions on that.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT