RE: Moving Netview behind a Cisco PIX Firewall

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Moving Netview behind a Cisco PIX Firewall
From: chuynh@fr.ibm.com
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 22:25:49 +0200

There are some guide lines:
- Change the IP address of you NetView referenced in every managed node
(trap)
- Ask your firewall administrator to allow ping and snmp from your NetView
server (any, NetView host).

The firewall administrator will mention the ping of death as a deny attack
and that snmp communities run on clear text on the network.

There is always a price to pay. We dedicated a administrative network for
SNMP, Tivoli, etc. and isolate it from normal flows that do not accept SNMP
nor ping.

Chuyen HUYNH
Tivoli certified Consultant, IBM certified Architect, Microsoft Certified
System Engineer

chuynh@fr.ibm.com

Mobile : (33) 670 014 929.
Office: (33) 149 053 686 / 338636

Tour Descartes, La Defense 5, 92066 La Defense
FRANCE

 (Embedded
 image moved to "Tesfai, Menghis"
 file:          <Menghis.Tesfai@PictureVision.com>