RE: Sizing Oracle db for Netview

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Sizing Oracle db for Netview
From: "Chan, Jack" <jack.chan@nz.unisys.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 16:50:36 -0400

Hi,

I turned some snmp collecting for routers on, and a lot of data was inputed
into Oracle. So what our dba did was having a sliding window in the database
table COL_Data to keep a months of data for reporting.

If you are collecting snmp, the flat files which get transferred to
relational database are under /usr/OV/database/snmpCollect, all the files
without "!" at the end. The files with "!" at the end are readable.

hope it helps.

Jack Chan