Re: SNMP configuration not updated

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: SNMP configuration not updated
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 18:50:16 -0400
I've seen some cases where a different address on the node
got added to the snmp configuration than the one that netview
now knows the node by (xnmsnmpconf -resolve <selection name>).
After that, the right one (or the hostname) does not get added. That
may be what James is referring to. At any rate, when I find that address
and delete it from the snmp configuration dialog, then demandpoll
the node again, it gets added correctly. It may be related to adding
name resolution after the node is discovered, I'm not sure.

Detroit

Mans Langert/Sweden/IBM@IBMSE@tkg.com on 05/31/2001 05:13:30 AM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com