Re: Forward traps to IT Director

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Forward traps to IT Director
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 15:12:15 -0400
To get entries in the trapfrwd.log you have to edit trapfrwd.cfg and set
traceon = 1.  Works fine for me here if a bit slow.  I usually just forward
to a UNIX NetView, so it is easy to see the traps when they come in.

But . . .
I have a bone to pick with you, and with any other IBMer who says I have
"NetView 6.0.1"
Here in Level 3 we find that inexcusable.  We think you should get on 6.0.2
before doing anything else.
Our view is that  there is no excuse for any IBMer to be on 6.0.1
If you are working on a customer contarct, then this should be part of the
requirements, that the customer come up to current maintenance before any
further customization is done. If you are working internally, then you are
out of support as far as we are concerned.
My 2 cents.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT