Re: CDP and Discovery

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: CDP and Discovery
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 10:44:30 -0400
netmon started reading the CDP cache  because  Cisco told us that is the
only relibale way to determine what interfaces are HSRP.  I cannot give you
details beyond that.  But basically, with the CDP turned off, the rest of
what we get from SNMP  must be spot-on for us to draw it correctly.    So
basically, you have a discovery problem and your best bet is to contact
Support about it.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT