problem logging bad oids

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: problem logging bad oids
From: "Art Beane" <abeane@geonetservices.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 10:06:14 -0500
I've just installed NV for NT 6.02 (first-time user) and can't seem to
get netmon to log bad oids. Everything in the network has been
discovered, but many of the devices have the "unknown" icon and have
"hasBadOID" checked on the Other General Attributes page. When we check
the box in Server Setup for netmon to log bad OIDs, we get an error
message:

    can't read "netmonCheckMaxAddrForHscp": no such variable

I couldn't find any references in the documentation. Any ideas?

Thanks
Art Beane
GeoNet Services, Inc.