Re: EXEC in trapd.conf

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: EXEC in trapd.conf
From: "Les Dickert" <lesdickert@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 21:13:49
Another thing you may want to try is to
enclose the $1 in a double set of quotes
like this:

   "'$1'"

so when the command gets executed the first
parameter on the shell command line will
be

  'whatever arg 1 was in the trap even (<>)'

and the single quotes should tell the shell
to leave what's inside alone, thereby making
any special characters OK.

Les Dickert
Verisign Consulting