Antw: Resetting of snmpCollect Files

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Antw: Resetting of snmpCollect Files
From: "Michael Seibold" <Michael.Seibold@gek.de>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 16:09:28 +0200
Hi Jeff,

regarding the snmpCollect-Files: just issue "ovstop snmpCollect", remove the
files, and then "ovstart snmpCollect". The files will be created automatically.

Since we don't have TDS I can't help you with your second question.

Michael Seibold
GEK Gmünder Ersatzkasse
Germany

>>> jdebruycker@merchantwired.com 13.06.2001  15.52 Uhr >>>
Does anyone know of a way to reset the files that are collecting data in
/usr/OV/databases/snmpCollect? Each night at midnight I am running the
/usr/OV/bin/dataPush script that moves all the data over to an Oracle
server. BTW: I am using NetView 6.0.1 running on AIX 4.3.3. It seems that
the files keep growing and we are getting duplicate data in our databases.
Is this the way it is suppose to work or should it be clearing the files
after it moves the data to Oracle?

Another piece to this question is about Tivoli Decision Support. When the
cubes are run and reports are generated we are not seeing all the MIB data
being displayed in the graphs. I am collecting on 17 MIBs but am only seeing
4 in the reports. Any ideas?

Thanks,
jd

Jeff DeBruycker