RE: Cutting or copying from smartsets Was: TME10 - Clutter ed M ap

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Cutting or copying from smartsets Was: TME10 - Clutter ed M ap
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 17:58:53 -0400
Clarification, guys. You use the Smartset of Location icons for finding
the location icon easily, especially in cases where you have many layers
of nested locations. You open the location submap, and FROM THAT MENU
you select Edit..Paste, so you are pasting into that submap. Now the
other direction works the same way. If you have a Smartset of Routers,
you can go into the Router Smartset and select the entire contents.
This gets them Selected. Then you can go back to your IP Internet
submap, where only some small subset of those devices remain,
and from the menu ON THAT SUBMAP, pick Edit...Cut...From This Submap.
Only the things which are both Selected and On That Submap will be cut.
Now you can open a location submap (no one cares how you found that
submap) and if you use the Edit...Paste menu selection on THAT submap,
they are pasted there. Got it? And of course no talking between the
cut and the paste. If you end up with floaters, it means you screwed up.
Recover by deleting the floating symbols (from this submap is good
enough) and close the map and ovtopofix.

Detroit

"Davis, Donald" <donald.davis@firstcitizens.com>@tkg.com on 06/14/2001
04:31:23 PM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com