Re: Adding Capabilities to Symbols

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Adding Capabilities to Symbols
From: "James Shanks" <SHANKS@us.tivoli.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 16:12:59 -0400
You can re-discover the entire database or you can delete and re-discover
the objects individually. It is your choice.
Symbols are assigned to objects only once and not updated after that.  If
you have changed a common symbol, then regenerating the map is your best
choice.
If you haven't got on, you woul do well to create a seed file, and a
location.conf if required to assist.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT