Help on Netview 6.0.2 for WinNT

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Help on Netview 6.0.2 for WinNT
From: "Davide Depaoli" <davide.depaoli@hmsmail.labinf.it>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 13:56:30 +0200
Hello,
I've one problem and one question.
The problem regarding nvmail program, and is the following:

I have configured some traps so as to send e-mail when event is received. To do
this have used nvmail program supplied with netview.
My problem is that nvmail doesn't work. The command sintax used is :

nvmail -server my_smtp_server -recipient my_email_address -subject "$3 on
server $2" -message "body text of email", where $3 is event description and $2
nodename.

Have tryied both on trap properties "Run this command....." field and into an
external script, but never works and in \usr\ov\log\nv.log nothing is written.

The question is if is possible to pass trap variables ($2, $3, $A,.....) to an
external script. For example I want to send a message with "net send" command
passing the event description and a nodename. I make a script :
c:\netsend.bat
-------START SCRIPT-------
net send pc_name "Warning ! Node $2 is down"
-------END OF SCRIPT-------

where $2 is a netview variable.

Thanks in advance for any help

Best regards,