Re: Nvdbformat has odd output

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Nvdbformat has odd output
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 14:15:27 -0400
Two thoughts. One: do you get better results if you include
at least one header record? I have always included one header and
one footer because early on I had problems with it if I did not.
Do you get different results if one of the output fields is Selection Name?
Two: I had incomplete output at one site, at 6.01. I believed it had
to do with some sort of corruption in the database, because I have
not seen it anywhere else. Rather than rediscover and cut/paste,
I redid my scripts to use nvUtil rather than nvdbformat. If the
nvdbformat were giving the correct nummatch, as yours is, I probably
would not have noticed since I seldom use that feature. That seems
to indicate that the cause is something else. In which case, I would
call support. Maybe they have a way to trace nvdbformat. But the
fact that it reports the correct number and outputs the wrong number
of lines sure looks like some sort of bug to me.

(248) 552-4968 Voicemail, Fax, Pager

"Scott ." <pepsiasg@hotmail.com>@tkg.com on 07/05/2001 01:20:34 PM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com