Antwort: ARF Creation (Netview fot NT!)

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Antwort: ARF Creation (Netview fot NT!)
From: sylvia.koch@emprise.de
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 22:35:03 +0200
Hi Karsten,

try

Command  "c:/Program Files/Netscape/Communicator/Program/netscape.exe
${OVwSelection1}:2301";

Hope this helps

Sylvia Koch

                    Karsten.Schweiger@GEC

                    ITS-EU.COM                   An:     nv-l@tkg.com

                    Gesendet von:                Kopie:  (Blindkopie: Sylvia
Koch/Emprise)
                    owner-nv-l@tkg.com           Thema:  [NV-L] ARF Creation
(Netview fot NT!)

                    06.07.01 12:42

                    Bitte antworten an

                    IBM NetView

                    Discussion

Hi all.
Having a problem in creating a special ARF in Netview on NT. I want
Netscape to open with IP address or hostname and a special port (2301) to
access Compaq Insight Manager information via browser but I cannot get
OVwSelection1 and portnumber in combination to work.

The command line looks like this...

Command  "c:/Program Files/Netscape/Communicator/Program/netscape.exe
$OVwSelection1:2301";

When I am selecting an object and call this program, netscape is opening
with   http://$OVwSelection1:2301
and I get an error message that server $OVwSelection1 is not known.

If I change the command line to

Command  "c:/Program Files/Netscape/Communicator/Program/netscape.exe
$OVwSelection1";

the real hostname or IP address is displayed.

How do I get the portnumber working together with $OVwSelection?

Mit freundlichen Gruessen - Yours sincerely

Dr. Karsten Schweiger
GE CompuNet Hamburg
Netzwerk und System Management
Ost- West Strasse 49, 20457 Hamburg, Germany
Phone: +49 (0) 431-3609-121, +49-0177-6302825, Fax: +49 (0) 431-3609-190,
E-Mail : Karsten.Schweiger@GECITS-EU.COM
Visit us on the Internet: http://www.gecits-eu.com

This email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient,
you must not disclose or use the information contained in it.
If you have received this mail in error, please tell us
immediately by return email and delete the document.