Slightly OT - CiscoWorks2000 and Netview

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Slightly OT - CiscoWorks2000 and Netview
From: "Treptow, Craig" <Treptow.Craig@principal.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 10:29:50 -0500
Hi.  I have been searching the archives, but couldn't find a clear answer yet.

We are running CW2K on Solaris and NV 6.0.2 on AIX.  I have the perception that
getting these to talk to each other will allow CW2K to learn about devices from
Netview without having to maintain CW2K's inventory by hand.  It will also
allow us to go directly to CW2K's RME device view from the Netview map (web
inerface).

Can anybody confirm from experience that these two statements are true?  If
they are, I'd like to pursue it, but I'm also under the impression that they
will need to live on the same machine to make that happen.  So, the common
denominator would seem to be Solaris or NT.  I haven't found any conclusive
documentation on this stuff from Cisco or Tivoli.

Does anybody have any more information or can speak from personal experience?

Thanks for any help.

Craig Treptow
Principal Financial Group
I/S Network Administration