Re: snmpCollect

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: snmpCollect
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 10:45:27 -0400
Dave, that snmpstatus.sh is not a Netview command, it is one I gave you.
I bet your object  count has gotten over the cache setting. Check with
'ps -ef | grep ovwdb' and see what the parameter is. If it is not higher
than
120000, it needs to be increased just on general principals. To do that
(with serversetup) you will first want to close all maps. Note that most of
your objects are just stubs, but increase it anyway if necessary. This will
affect overall responsiveness of the system.

That should not, however, cause snmpCollect to be so busy. What are
you collecting on? See Tools...Data Collection & Thresholding.
See /usr/OV/conf/snmpCol.conf. Also look for messages in
 /usr/OV/log/snmpCol.trace.  You can turn on tracing from the commandline
with snmpCollect -T, and make it verbose with snmpCollect -V. Those
commands toggle the settings, so use them again to turn them off.

Detroit

reamd@nationwide.com@tkg.com on 07/12/2001 09:53:25 AM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com