transferring security files

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: transferring security files
From: "CATALINA MARTINEZ" <CATALINA.MARTINEZ@tlc.state.tx.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 11:54:29 -0500
Hello,

I am transferring /usr/OV/security from 6.0 (AIX 4.3.2) to 6.0.2 (AIX 4.3.3.7).
I am unable to restore the permissions/sticky bit.

on the FROM:

tar -cvf archive_security.tar /usr/OV/security

ftp in binary

on the TO:

pax -rvf archive_security.tar -pe

 get the error:
MSGSTR PAX_BADOPCONFU: The -p and -o options conflict for uid/uname

I was able to "untar" it and all users/groups are ok, I can login using each
user. but the problem is the permissions on the /usr/OV/security did not
transfer (the sticky bit "S" in the C and DAEMONS directories for example).

I am working with Tivoli on this but wondered if anyone else has encountered
this problem?

thanks
has anyone encountered this problem?