Antwort: mib2trap usage < Virus checked >

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Antwort: mib2trap usage < Virus checked >
From: Jochen.Friedrich@genorz.de
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 16:27:18 +0200
Hi Bill,

it's simply because there aren't any trap definitions in the given MIB
file.

Cheers,
Jochen

"McCarter, Bill" <mccarter_we@naptheon.com>@tkg.com on 24/07/2001 16:08:34

Bitte antworten an IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l@tkg.com>

Gesendet von:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com

An:   "IBM NetView Discussion (E-mail)" <nv-l@tkg.com>
Kopie:
Thema:    [NV-L] mib2trap usage  < Virus checked >

I have been given the following IBM mib to load and the mib2trap command is
not working. It doesn't
give me a error it just doesn't put any addtrap commands into the file, it
does put some comments about
creation date in the baroc file, but no acutal baroc definitions. I have
used mib2trap  before just fine. Thanks in
advance for any help.

Netview 6.0.2, Solaris 2.6.

mib2trap ibm2100.mib.txt ibm2100.mib ibm2100.baroc

Here's a short version.

Ibm2100-MIB DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN

IMPORTS
    OBJECT-TYPE
      FROM RFC-1212
    TRAP-TYPE
      FROM RFC-1215
    Counter, enterprises, TimeTicks
      FROM RFC1155-SMI
    ibmProd, alert
      FROM ibm-mib
    alertType, alertDescription, probableCause
      FROM IbmFaultMgmt-MIB
    DisplayString
      FROM RFC1213-MIB;

-- These Extension groups follow the structure of MIB-II
-- Actual definition of MIB Subtree:

ibm                       OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { enterprises 2 }
ibmProd                   OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { ibm 6 }
ibm2100                   OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { ibmProd 130 }

--
-- IBM 2100 Storage Server MIB groups
--

ssSystem   OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { ibm2100 1 } -- system level objects
ssProblem  OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { ibm2100 2 } -- problem records

--
-- Storage Server system group
--

ssSystemAccess OBJECT-TYPE