more MLM questions

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: more MLM questions
From: "Chan, Jack" <jack.chan@nz.unisys.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 08:57:35 +1000
Thanks for your help James, it's much clearer now, but I still have some
questions :)

1. I turned Node discovery ON for MLM (-z in netmon.lrf), I see in the MLM
conifg menu, under node discovery table, it has a lot of nodes. But I am not
seeing any on the map, why?  (I have set MLM to do broadcast search now in
MLM Node Dicovery settings, I have restarted netview, ovtopfix -A) What do I
have to do to make them show on map?

2. In the MLM node on the Netview box, I did Monitor -> MLM -> status
monitoring
-> current status. This is functioning and reporting interface up and down.
I see some interface is down ( I unplugged the LAN cable), but I did not see
any trap comes in to the Control Desktop (forwardall.rs)after polling period
is gone, why is that?

3. The following is what I really want to do later. I want to have:

Netivew box ---- firewall ---- MLM ---- network looked after by MLM.

Except for all the firewall rules, what other important issues do I have to
concern with?

Thanks a lot,

Jack