AW: Status polling

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: AW: Status polling
From: "Brunschede, Gerd" <Gerd.Brunschede@hik.fzk.de>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 10:24:12 +0200
Hi Scott,

you are right, NetView sends more than one ping depending on the number
of retries.
The retry count is 3. But the problem is that NetView sends with each
ping only
one time 64 Bytes and these 64 Bytes are swallowed up by the firewall.
When I do
the ping as a UNIX command with unlimited sending of 64 Bytes I can see
that the first
64 Bytes (icmp_seq=0) are swallowed up and the others are good.

Gerd