Re: SNMP Trap Security Exposure

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: SNMP Trap Security Exposure
From: Bill Evans <wvevans@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 10:23:17 -0400
I wrote a note to the author of the notice since the URL given does not
contain a NetView link -- it is basically the distribution mechanism for
Framework patches but that is not the way NetView distributes e-fixes.
I suggested he follow up with a link to AskTivoli where we could look up
the APAR number.  He responded that he referred my note to support but
so far, six days later, that APAR number does not show up in AskTivoli.
  I hope there will be more coming on the topic and that the APAR will
soon be entered into the database.

If I were exposed to this, that is I were supporting a lot of customized
traps on a Unix system, I'd give Tivoli Support a call immediately; they
may have the e-fix but the web site update is delayed.

--
Bill Evans  --  Consultant in Enterprise Systems Management
reply-to: wvevans@prodigy.net  (or Bill_Evans@sra.com)