changing trapd appl queue size

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: changing trapd appl queue size
From: "Gregory Adams" <gadams@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 14:14:26 -0400
I have a problem when trying to change the daemon configurations for trapd
via SMIT

Running nv6k 5.1.3 on AIX 4.3

 I was just trying to modify the appl queue size for trapd and get the
following message:

Working...
Updated /usr/OV/lrf/trapd_dm.lrf
ERROR:  Unable to connect to TME 10 NetView NMS (have you done ovstart?)
(OVs 1
16)
WARNING: Unable to register /usr/OV/lrf/trapd_dm.lrf

Has anyone seen this, and have an idea of what this might be indicative of
?

As for ovstart... I see this message but all of the daemons are up and
running. I expect that normally the daemons affected by the configuration
change would be stopped and started ?

Greg Adams