Antw: RE: closing Xwindowed GUIs

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Antw: RE: closing Xwindowed GUIs
From: "Michael Seibold" <Michael.Seibold@gek.de>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 11:40:09 +0200
Or this "quick and dirty"-hack:

kill -15 `ps -ef | awk '/\/usr\/OV\/bin\/ovw[ \t]*$/ { print $2 }'`

assuming that Netview ist installed in /usr/OV as usual...

kill -15 should close the program as if the User closes the GUI himself. I have
never experienced any problems with this.
Works with other programs as well. Just be careful to type the correct syntax
of the commands... and be sure to have the correct search string within the awk
command...

Michael Seibold
Gmünder Ersatzkasse GEK
Germany