Re: xnmsnmpconf wild card question

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: xnmsnmpconf wild card question
From: "Oliver Bruchhaeuser" <oliver.bruchhaeuser@de.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 18:04:59 +0200
Frank,

try:
xnmsnmpconf -upd "10.0.*.*:ROCOMM::5:3:5::RWCOMM:::::::"

Kind regards
Oliver Bruchhaeuser

                    "Frank W. Hansen"

                    <fhansen@enterpriseinnova       To:     "IBM NetView
Discussion" <nv-l@tkg.com>
                    tions.com>                      cc:

                    Sent by:                        Subject:     [NV-L]
xnmsnmpconf wild card question
                    owner-nv-l@tkg.com

                    21.08.2001 17:23

                    Please respond to IBM

                    NetView Discussion

Greetings.  I'm trying to update my wildcard  entries contained with
ovsnmp.conf.  The command that I'm using  is:

xnmsnmpconf -upd  10.0.\*.\*:ROCOMM::5:3:5m::RWCOMM

I receive the following error:

Invalid SNMP Configuration target name  (38)

Am I not able to update the wildcard  entries?

Best Regards,

Frank W. Hansen
Tivoli Certified Enterprise  Consultant
www.EnterpriseInnovations.com