Re: NV Web Client: install Java Plugin in netscape - on Solaris 2.7

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NV Web Client: install Java Plugin in netscape - on Solaris 2.7
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 23:27:06 -0400
Heads up, all.  You should continue to use the documented version of
the plugin, because that is the version that Netview was tested with. You
should not expect the new one to work, and be really surprised if it does.
The java.sun.com website is continuously updated, but our release notes
are not, so the website listed in the release notes is no longer valid.

You can get the older one at this web site:

http://java.sun.com/products/archive/plugin/1.1.3_004/index.html

The mod 003 and mod 004 worked for me on Win clients.

Detroit

                    "kaveh

                    taghi-zadeh"         To:     nv-l@tkg.com

                    <kaveh_t@hotma       cc:

                    il.com>              Subject:     [NV-L] NV Web Client:
install Java
                    Sent by:              Plugin in netscape - on Solaris 2.7

                    owner-nv-l@tkg

                    .com

                    08/21/01 09:18

                    AM

                    Please respond

                    to IBM NetView

                    Discussion

Hi list,

I'm trying to set up netscape 4.7 with the
Java plugin 1.3.1  on Solaris 2.7.

As I didn't find the Java plugin 1.3.1 itself
(looked in http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/)
I download the JRE which contains the plugin.
I installed JRE using the installation program.

I thought the file  'javaplugin.jar' IS the
Java plugin 1.3.1, so I just copied 'javaplugin.jar'
to netscape's  plugins  directory.

But netscape reported it cannot load the plugin
when I tried  http://<NV-Server>:8080/NetViewApplet.html

Then I also copied 'javaplugin.so' into the
plugins directory, which didn't work either...

Could anyone tell me where to get the Java plugin 1.3.1
itself (without the JRE) and how to install the plugin
in netscape on Solaris 2.7?
I'd be grateful,
Kaveh.