Ruleset

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Ruleset
From: "CATALINA MARTINEZ" <CATALINA.MARTINEZ@tlc.state.tx.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 09:27:52 -0500
Hi All,

I created a Ruleset as Follows:
Event Stream ―> Trap ―> Query Smartset ―> Action

Where the Event Stream will block, the trap wanted is Interface down, if it
belongs in a particulart smartset then execute a script that will display a
popup window and send an email to a particular group. The pop up window display
group is different from the email group.

This works OK. But my problem is I only want 1 email to be sent once(not
multiple emails). If an interface goes up and down,  I want the popup window to
display each time. However, I only want to send 1 email per hr or day depending
what management wants.

Would I have to have 2 separate rulesets? (one for the popup and I for the
email). I tried using the reset on match but I only got it be sent after a
certain time. I want it to be emailed immediately but do not send another email
if another trap is received.

Any suggestions

Catalina
AIX 4.3.3 Framework 3.7.1 Netview 6.0.2