Re: Event log

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Event log
From: "kaveh taghi-zadeh" <kaveh_t@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 18:16:38
Hi James,

well ok,
I understand that.

/usr/OV/log/trapd.log contains just the same information in
ASCII format as /usr/OV/log/ovevent.log.

is there a NV mechanism for automatically backing up
trapd.log when its max size of 4096KB is reached?
like writing the contents of trapd.log to trapd.log.bak
or something?

Or is the only way of storing a large number of events
increasing the size of trapd.log?

thanks,
Kaveh.