Re: upgrade netview 6.02

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: upgrade netview 6.02
From: "James Shanks" <SHANKS@us.tivoli.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 05:05:53 -0400
UNIX or NT?  I assume UNIX because you migrated to 6.0 first.
You should be talking to Support about this and reporting your core so that
they can diagnose it and recommend a fix.  There should be a core file in
/usr/OV/PD/cores/ovtopmd.  I have not heard of a migration to 6.0.2 causing
a corruption and I don't see how it could, so I suspect some other cause,
but you are on-site and I am not.  In any case, Support needs to know and
they are the only ones who could give you a newer copy of ovtopmd to see if
that helps.

I would try to ovtopofix -a (or -A depending on how many maps you have) and
see if that helps.  If you can't get the daemons to stay up long enough for
that, then you few alternatives.  You can return to a backup copy of your
databases, assuming you have one, or you can start automatic map generation
which will delete them and start a complete re-discovery.  If you have to
go that route, then you can use ovobjprint to get a complete listing of
your current object database to aid you in your re-discovery.  You can use
the listing to generate a more complete seedfile.

Good luck

James Shanks
Level 3 Support
Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT